Monday, February 13, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 8

On the 7th day we rested! (Or caught up, perhaps.) Either way, we're ready to dive into our second week of this study.

I spent yesterday doing some fun stuff. I know I already showed you my cloth diapers. I had been planning on using cloth wipes as well, but I hadn't figured out a system yet. Yesterday I decided to look up some info on what other people do, and here's my solution (yes, pun intended.)

These are the ingredients I used: 2 Cups of Chamomile Tea (1 bag), 1 Tablespoon of Baby soap and 1 teaspoon of baby oil. The Baby Bee stuff smells really REALLY good :) 

Here are the tools I used to spruce up my little wipe-container.: Scissors for sizing the paper (which is not shown, but you can find cute paper at any craft store.) A edge punch (I don't know if that's what they're called, but it makes the edges pretty.) Glitter Glue, a Marker (although you could get really fancy and cut out letters or print right onto the paper.) And packaging tape to waterproof the label. 

Here's the final Product! I just used about a dozen hankies and poured the mixture over it. I don't recommend any more than that, because if they sit too long they may begin to grow bacteria and not smell so nice.


I hope you all don't mind me mixing in a little crafty- mommy stuff with the challenge. I feel it relates because it gets me doing stuff that benefits my family. 

Here's our passage for today- 

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks. 

I like the word vigorously. It's basically the opposite of "sluggishly." How many times do we mope around thinking "ohhhh... the dishes. I'll do them later." We need to realize that laziness is not defined by how little we do, it's the attitude we have about getting things done. 

Let's try that again- You can be a working mom with a full schedule and still have a lazy attitude. 

Here's a definition: laziness definition 

Slow-moving, Sluggish, resistance to work or exertion. 
Hmmm...

Exertion, why! I think that ties in with the next part of the scripture. If you're not willing to exert yourself, you're certainly not going to gain strength. I would love to simply tie this into spiritual diligence Hebrews 6 and talk about things like "running the race," and "loving others." Those things are really important. I don't mean to draw attention away from that, because it's all part of what God desires from us; but I am talking about physically getting up and doing stuff. Pushing yourself. Not giving in the moment you feel a little tired. Not thinking about what you need to do. Doing it. 

I am a person that gets easily overwhelmed. Say, for instance, last week. Our dryer needed repair so it was down for a day. Ha! I love the fact that it was the day after I received the cloth diapers. If that had happened a few months ago, you better believe I would have seriously had a melt down. The clothes would be billowing up and I would be begging for help! But I have really been retraining patterns of thought and I now know that I can get a lot done when I just do it. 

Joyce Meyer posted this on facebook yesterday- "Keep going even if you have to go alone. –Joyce" 

I don't think this means up and leave behind your spouse, but rather to stop making excuses based on other people's actions. One of the easiest excuses in our minds is the fact that someone else isn't doing it. I am so guilty of this right now. Allen and I had started working out together. We were doing good, we even went and bought new matching running shoes. Well, last week he was really tired one morning and decided he didn't want to go. We haven't gone since. I am now realizing that I simply need to set an alarm, get up and go. Not out of spite, but because that's what I need to do. And in not giving into the warm bed excuse, maybe he'll get back into it with me. I hope so :) 

You are strong. You are able. You choose to control your emotions or be led by them. At the end of the day, you know what God is asking of you.  

You do you (but with love, of course)
Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment