Saturday, February 11, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 6

Day 6- We're approaching a whole week! I'm so excited for those of you who are hanging in there. If nothing else, building a habit of getting into the word of God on a daily basis is a HUGE accomplishment. I know that all the social media and links make it easier, but still, good for you. :)

Today's passage is probably one I'm most excited about because I feel it embodies some real girl-power!


16 She considers a field and buys it; 
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. 

She thinks about it. She acts on wisdom. She profits from he decision. She contributes to her home. 

This is one of the concepts that inspired me to begin this study. This tells me that a true woman of value does not equal a meek little stay-at-home-mom. 

I remember growing up in a double-income home. My parents both worked, but they also worked their schedules to keep my brother and I home as much as possible. We were home-schooled off and on and neither of us had to endure the horrors of middle school. 

My mom has said that she felt a little out casted by the Home School Moms at the church we attended at the time. Why? Because she worked. 

It's not ok to assume that women who work don't care about their families, or are selfish or too lazy to stay home. Here we have here a biblical example of a woman working to help serve her family the best way she knows how. If you stay home, that's awesome! I do because I feel that I have the ability to teach my children well and raise them in an emotionally healthy environment. But I also feel called to write (hence the blog.) 

To sum it all up, don't limit yourself as a woman. You can make good choices for your family. You can work hard in whatever way you are most beneficial. You can do more than cook and clean and take care of little ones. If there's a dream you have, don't forget about it. I don't mean drop everything now and go chase it, but reasonably consider things that you can do now or in the future to feel fulfillment in that area of your life. 

Still Chasing Dreams-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment