Wednesday, February 8, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 3

Hey everyone! I'm hopping on here really, REALLY fast. Ira is in this phase where he doesn't like the attention not on him (a.k.a. he's 2.) But he's going out for ice cream with his Am'Ma and Papa, so I have a moment. 
 
Today we're on verse 13: 
 She selects wool and flax 
   and works with eager hands.

The "wool and flax" part had me thinking all day. These probably represent clothing and food for her family. But what I found most interesting is that she "works with eager hands." 

Here's one definition of the word "eager" that I felt summarized it well:

"having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy."
definition- eager

Much like yesterday's study, this comes down to attitude. Meeting the needs of my spouse [and children] shouldn't be something I do because I have to. It's something I want to do. It's something I'm eager to do for them because I love them. 

Hmm... that reminds me of the relationship between Christ and the Church that is paralleled to marriage here:

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 
Ephesians 5:22-24

If you do walk closely with God, you know that many times there is this undeniable urge to just do the right thing. Not because a Pastor told you to, not because the Bible says so, but because you LOVE God. In experiencing a perfect love with our creator, we can learn to love the imperfect people in our lives better. 

To take the comparison a bit further- it wasn't until Christ came in the flesh that the Word of God began to spread throughout the World. It is God's will that ALL come to know Him, but it took a physical body filled with the Holy Spirit to begin meeting that goal. When Christ ascended, that Body became the Church. 

In the same way, all the plans and desires our Husbands have for our families cannot be obtained without the work that we do. Did I lose anybody there? 

Really! 

It's so empowering for me to know that what I do, be it cooking or cleaning or taking care of my Children is not only important, but VITAL to my home. 

Getting back to work here-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment