Monday, February 6, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 1

Here is our passage for today!


10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?  She is worth far more than rubies. 
11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. 

What exactly are we talking about here? Noble Character? well.. I looked up "Noble" and the three things that stood out to me were:
1. High moral standards
2. Honor
3. Generosity/ unselfishness. 


Are these things that I would describe myself as? Sometimes. I have to be honest though, I know there are times I can be selfish. I will say that when I feel pulled from several different directions for long periods of time, sometimes I hit a wall. I just want to go bury myself in a movie or paint my nails. There is definitely a line, though. There is absolutely a difference between taking care of myself and deciding that I am more important than my family. 

Self worth. "She is worth far more than rubies." If we live our lives in self-, we will always feel like we're being short-changed and under appreciated. Feeling that way, at least in my life, always leads to low self-esteem. 

If you are a mama, you know that when you get into that zone it's a downward spiral. You don't feel confident, you stop feeling capable of getting stuff done, you stop feeling pretty, you start living in your sweat pants. Before you know it your watching Hallmark movies all day, bawling like a baby and taking it out on a poor, innocent tub of ice cream. (Ok.. maybe I embellished a little..) Let's move on. 

"Her husband has full confidence in her.." 

Let's put this into context. We are talking about the woman's character, not her husband's. I have the privilege of being married to a perfectionist. He sometimes would rather just do something himself, rather than risk it not being done a certain way. But I have found, if I just do it, I prove to myself that I am fully able to make a decision and go with it. If I have full confidence in myself, he will catch on. 

Likewise, for the sake of peace, it is TOTALLY OK to be teachable. This is his home too, and I don't need to feel like a doormat for taking suggestions. When we get defensive, we will almost always choose to have a attitude of rebellion. That's not healthy. And it doesn't get us anywhere. 

Lacking nothing of Value-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment