Friday, February 10, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 5

Hey everyone! Hope all is going well.

Today I got my order of cloth diapers in the mail! I love them. They are so cute and totally practical for me since I have the time to wash them. I couldn't resist putting one on Asher immediately. I held him up and to see how cute he looked in it and then I thought, "Oh no, I'm one of those moms now."
It really does feel good to know I made an out-of-the-norm choice for my baby because it's better for him, an a lot more cost effective.
 Wanna see?
Yes, that's my finger over the flash. The only problem with these diapers is that they are so cute I don't want to put anything over them. Hence the t-shirt. Moving on-

Our passage today really hits home for me because I am not a morning person. I'm doing better though!


15 She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family

and portions for her female servants. 

Do I think you have to get up before 4am to be a good wife? nope. 
Do I think you should get up at a reasonable time, and help your family get going for the day? Yes. 

If you ever search the word "morning" in the Bible, you will find a ton of references to the morning being a time for worshiping and fellowship with God. Here are some of my favorites: 

I love the Psalms. 

I have been getting up in time to send my hubby off to work well dressed and ready for the day, and for a mom, after he's gone is the perfect time to get some stuff done and spend some time along with God. The babies are sleeping, the whole house is quiet and I love the peace. 

This IS a challenge, after all, so I encourage you to aim to start your day 1 hour earlier than usual (unless you usually get up at 4am.) I have shifted from a 10am morning to an 8am. It feels really, really good. 

Go get 'em, early birds! 
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment