Thursday, February 9, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 4


Day 4! How is it going? usually at this point in any journey, you start to feel tested and tired. I encourage you to keep at it. I can say personally, examining these scriptures and really working at applying them is bringing a lot of harmony into my home. I'm having consistently better days and a lot less stress. It's worth it. I promise. 
 Our passage for today is this: 

14 She is like the merchant ships, 

   bringing her food from afar. 


After reading a commentary on this passage, I concluded that when it says she brings her food from afar, it probably means Egypt, where corn and bread were more available. I'm going to jump right into what I feel this relates to in my own life. 

Planning. 

A trip to Walmart with 2 little ones can sometimes feel like a sojourn to Egypt, but in reality it's pretty convenient. When this was written, however, there was not much room for procrastination. 

Since we've been preparing meals for 5 people (plush 1 baby) I've had a really hard time knowing what to make, how much, when to start it and then there's the issue of clean up! I told my family that I really just needed to make a detailed menu and shopping list so we weren't eating out so much; and getting frustrated making last minute trips to the store every few days. It was just too chaotic. 

We all threw in ideas for meals that we each would be willing to make until we had a total of 12 meals. We had to be realistic and assume we would go out at least once a week. Then we made the shopping list and a schedule for the who, what and when? I'm really happy about this because it was a little thing I could contribute to really help maintain the peace around here. 

And now I will show off my beginner level craft project: 
Isn't is soooo pretty? I love craft paper. And pre-cut letters. 

My point is that when I finally decided to plan something and stick to it, it eliminated a lot of stress in my home. That's what I'm pulling from this passage, as simple as it seems. Care enough to plan. 

And when you do plan, stick with it. Not by thinking about it all the time, either. That's when we begin to make lots of excuses and turn our focus from what we decided to how we feel. Feelings are good, but not vital to making a decision about dinner. I found the same with exercising (which I still do not have down, but I'm working on it.) just get up and do it. Don't think about it. At least until it becomes a part of your routine, then think about it all day long if you want. 

So there we have it! day 4 and counting. Go forth and conquer. 
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment