Wednesday, February 22, 2012

P31 Challenge: Day 15

God never lets me get too big for my britches. I fully intended on writing last night, and then the deep fried orange chicken got the best of me (and by that I mean it made me sick, not seduced me.) I laid down to nurse the baby to sleep and.. well... here I am. I should have known. I should have known.


I have been looking forward to today's passage since we started. I didn't know what I was going to say about it, I just knew I liked it.




25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; 
she can laugh at the days to come. 

We have already talked about her clothing a little, but I would like to reiterate that for her, it's not about the clothes themselves. She is dressed in "fine linen and purple," which means she really does give thought to what she puts on herself and works hard enough to allow the absolute best for her and her family. Here, however, we see that she is now clothed with "strength and dignity." It's what people see when they look at her. She's a strong woman. She's a dignified woman. 

I like google's definition of dignified here- "Having or showing a composed or serious manner that is worthy of respect." 

And then the second part of the verse makes sure we see her in full character. Laughing freely at the days to come. 

Can you honestly laugh at the days to come? 

Something that has become all too prevalent in today's culture is to say, "someday I'm going to..[insert change a habit or circumstance here]." When I was younger it was always "when I'm rich and skinny I can do..  blah blah blah." Well.. I'm not going to ever become rich or skinny by waiting on that day to actually enjoy my life. I may, in fact never be rich or skinny! 

The proverbial woman described in this verse is someone I really look up to because I know she is confident in her foundations. She is making wise business decisions, taking care of her family, making sure her hubby can do his job effectively, and taking time to care for herself. It's not a day to day monotony, it's a lifestyle that insures security for her and her family for years to come. Her children will know the best example possible, she will get to see the fruit of all that she does in her grandchildren. 

But she does it all today. Not next week when business slows a little (because we all know, it never slows down. That's just an excuse.) Not when her kids are older. Not when her husband is able to be home more. Today. Without procrastination. 

Training yourself to stop making and believing your own excuses is crucial to your progression in life. It might mean feeling totally intimidated by today, but you will be all the better for it tomorrow. 

Embracing today's imperfections-
Lindsay  

No comments:

Post a Comment