Sunday, May 6, 2012

No Big Deal

Today was such a different day for me at church.
The music began and I started clapping my hands and singing, believing every word
"there may be pain in the night, but joy comes in the morning..."
I almost felt like I was missing something, though. There wasn't a problem in my mind that I was relating this to. I finally felt a selfless type of worship that I have not felt for a LONG time.

Does it mean my life is perfect? Nope.

There are a lot of things that I could easily be upset about right now. I could be hanging on every word from God hoping He'll come through again. But I'm a little tired of that kind of relationship. A take-take relationship.
Cast your cares on the LORD
and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous be shaken.- Psalm 55:22

What has all the worrying, the trying to fix things myself, the nagging, the blaming, the confusion brought me? Nothing. Well maybe something over time. Stress, perhaps? 


So I've decided to stop freaking out. God will open doors for changes when He sees fit. 
Changes in my circumstances, changes in the people around me and changes in myself. But it's insulting to God, for me to think that the Orchestrator of Life has everything all wrong. 

Another load of laundry. Someone made another mess. Something just broke. I'm tired. I'm frustrated. Oh well! My attitude determines whether or not I have a good day. Not the things I have no control over. 

Even though things aren't perfect, I still sang out today with joy because I realized something. 
Even if everything in my life were perfect, I would still want God just as much. I need Him to have joy and peace and love. And even if He never gave me anything else in life, what I have is still worth praising Him for. 


My suggestion to you, friends, is to learn from someone else on this one. Because I'm the first to say I don't always take someone else's word for it. But I wish I would have learned to sooner. Choose not to blow things way out of proportion. Cast your cares. 


He might shake things up, but you'll never be shaken-
Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment