Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If I have not love

I think about the person that I am and I usually think I'm not an overly confident woman. I have insecurities. The little things throw me. I take things too personally. But sometimes I don't come off that way. I hide behind a lot of talk and it's easy to take me the wrong way- meaning: sometimes I come off as thinking too highly of myself or being just a little bit better than you.

That's a problem.

If what I am meant to do (which we all are) is share Jesus with the world, I need to be evidently loving. So that's my latest hill. Love more. Especially here in my little blog. I want you all to know that this is a no judgement zone. If I were to list my failures and mistakes and shortcomings.. well.. this list would be long and shameful.

I get it. Life happens. We sometimes jump into things heart first and then think about it later. Or, if you're anything like me, you decide that rules and logic don't apply to you and expect to be the exception. I'm not about perfection, because if that were possible God wouldn't have made the straight a narrow with lots of grace along the path. I'm about growth. I'm about relationship.

Just as I was pondering the fact that maybe  I come off a little harsh sometimes, the passage I know all too well popped into my life-

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
I Corinthians 13:1-3
That hit it right on the nail for me. Love. Love. LOVE!

Slipping off my soapbox (headfirst) now-
Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment