Monday, April 2, 2012

A Stay-At-Home-Mommy's Heart- Failures

I can remember thinking, "when I have kids, I'm not going to let them [insert bad habit here]"

HA! 

When I worked in the daycare setting, nap time was a joke. I hated it. I could never get my class to just fall asleep. Now, with my two-year-old I'm facing the same challenges. I literally feel so frustrated sometimes because I just don't know what else I can possibly do. 

I am also not used to being far from the house. So when we go out, I always feel unprepared. In my mind, I never wanted to tote a big diaper bag. So I put a few things in my purse and go. Well.. that's not always the best plan. 

So the thought I had today is this: I need to be more teachable. 

I cannot assume that just because I now I have children, I am going to instinctively do everything right. 
So where do I go for guidance? Who knows, better than me, how to care for these precious little guys? 

Their creator. 

The Lord says, "I'll be strong where you are weak." He fills in the blanks, he gives us a broader perspective on how those little decisions affect things long-term, he gives us clarity in parenting with wisdom without trying to fit a certain mold. 

I accept that I'm not perfect. I acknowledge that I need help, and not just advice from an article or someone who's done it a certain way. I need instruction from the designer of life, from my heavenly Father, who never made a single mistake or a selfish choice regarding my well being. 

Lord open my mind and give me peace, patience and enthusiasm in the work that I do. I am so blessed beyond recognition to have the ability to raise my children at home, in a loving environment. Don't ever let me take it for granted. Teach me to instruct them according to the men you want them to be. Continually show me areas in need of improvement. And above all, guard their hearts through the process. Don't let foolish words change the way they see themselves and take our mistakes and use them for the good in their lives. Amen. 

Clinging to Grace-
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment