Thursday, June 7, 2012

Twenty-Four

It's a strange thing to grow up. One day I'm graduating High School, then, 7 years and 2 kids later I realize I'm not a teenager anymore.
It's quite a relief if you ask me. Most people ask you on your birthday, "how does it feel?" and this year I actually had an answer.

"It feels great!"

I feel like I am finally comfortable in my own skin. No more awkwardness. No more comparing myself to others or feeling inadequate in some way. I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. I don't feel like I have to always say the right thing to spare someone's feelings. I'm not setting out to be hurtful, but I am comfortable with the truth.

Some might think "why did you get married before you knew who you wanted to be, or felt like yourself?" and my answer to that would be that I would never have found myself without my Husband. He is as much a part of me as anything else in the world. I am so thankful I found him.

As I feel a season of change is upon us all, I am filled with excitement and caution. Excitement because God always has a way of blowing my mind! Caution to not jump head first into anything without first consulting the part of me that knows what's right.

I'm ok knowing I'm not done making mistakes, but I know now I can handle them. I am what I was always meant to be. A wife. A mother. A woman. I can't wait to see what else goes on that list.

So in love with life.
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I popped on over from Mama Beth's blog, and had to just share with you that I have been where you are, and even so more recently.
    I wanted to tell you I had a dream about Proverbs 31:25, and in my dream I simply said, ' She laughs" and I am not very familiar with Proverbs 31, as let's face it that's a lot to meet :)
    Anyway, the verse says, " She laughs at the days to come."

    LAUGH girl...He is good!

    So great to " meet" you. Have a good day!

    xoxo
    angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've got a great point. There is so much freedom and goodness that comes with laughter :) funny you mentioned Proverbs 31, Idk if you saw I did a challenge on the chapter here on my blog, but it just goes to show how living and active His word truly is. Even after studying those passages, there is still more to learn! :)
      Lindsay

      Delete